Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, cauliflower rice upma. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To make the Cauliflower Rice Upma-Wash, trim and cut the cauliflower into big florets. You can use a food processor/ mini chopper or the coarse side of a grater to cut the cauliflower into small grain like rice. Heat the oil in a pan, over medium heat.
Cauliflower rice upma is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Cauliflower rice upma is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have cauliflower rice upma using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cauliflower rice upma:
- Make ready 1 cauliflower
- Make ready 2 onions
- Prepare 1 tbsp ginger grated
- Get 3-4 Curry leaves (dried or fresh)
- Take 1 tbsp urud daal
- Take 1 tbsp chana daal
- Take 1/2 tsp whole mustard seed
- Make ready 1-2 green chillies deseeded
- Get 1 pinch asafoetida (optional)
- Take 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Make ready 2 tbsp oil (sunflower/veg/olive)
- Take 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- Get 1 lemon (optional)
- Get A few coriander leaves for garnishing (optional)
Keto Cauliflower Upma is very easy to make and great option for breakfast or even as a meal. I am going to used Riced cauliflower instead of regular semolina or seviyan. Also I am going to use less onions/tomatoes to maintain my carbs but I suggest not skipping them as they give intense flavor and taste and you will not miss the regular upma if you make this way. One of the things I hear most often from people is that they are sick of eating eggs for breakfast and want a change.
Instructions to make Cauliflower rice upma:
- Grate the cauliflower florets in a food processor. It should be finer than the caulifloer rice you buy in the supermarket but not fine like spice powder. Do pulse grating.
- Dice 2 onions and prepare grated ginger.
- In a non stick pot add 2 tbsp oil and tamper with - 1. Chana daal, 2. Urud daal, 3. Mustard seed, 4. Cumin seed (optional), 5. Curry leaves. Use low to medium heat to ensure the daals are fried (not burnt). It is very easy to burn them so keep the onion, ginger and chilli handy so that you can add them in the pot quickly.
- Add onion, chilli, ginger and fry till the onion is translucent. Add the grated cauliflower and keep cooking. Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar as per your taste. Add a little water (2 tbsp at a time) if you feel that it is burning at the bottom. It will take about 5-6 min. Add a little lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
So today I decided to recreate a popular vegetarian, south Indian breakfast item called Upma which is originally made from semolina and of course we're making a keto version of it and we're using cauliflower. Here is a simple Cauliflower rice recipe/Gobi rice. This is also ideal for lunch box, both kids and elders will love this rice. This is one of our family's favourite rice. Cauliflower rice, made with chopped cauliflower, makes an easy, low-carb substitute for white rice.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food cauliflower rice upma recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!